Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!


Another Krazy Day with Katie!

I have the best Dads in my life. I am so grateful to have grown up with my wonderful Dad. My Dad always did the funnest things with us. He loves Disneyland more than any kid. That is great because that always guaranteed my family lots of visits to Disneyland. He also would take us each year to Lake Powell and spend many hours a day driving the boat so I could practice my skiing for my professional water skiing dream. :) My Dad worked long hours and spent many hours at the Church doing his callings, but he always had time to wrestle and play with us when we got home. I love you Dad! Happy Father's Day!





I also was very lucky to marry a wonderful man who is a WONDERFUL Father. It took us many years to have children and I was so worried that Dan wouldn't get to be a Father. Mother's Day and Father's Day were so hard for me. Finally through IVF I was able to get pregnant with twins. I am so thankful I had a husband who loved babies and would take all the burping duties, change diapers, and help me so much. Twins were hard but I was so thankful to have children and have such a wonderful Father to help me. Dan loves to spend time with his children and is so Fun. Thanks for being such a wonderful Father to my children. I love you so much! Happy Father's Day.

Happy Father's Day
A Dad is a person
who is loving and kind,
And often he knows
what you have on your mind.
He's someone who listens,
suggests, and defends.
A dad can be one
of your very best friends!
He's proud of your triumphs,
but when things go wrong,
A dad can be patient
and helpful and strong
In all that you do,
a dad's love plays a part.
There's always a place for him
deep in your heart.
And each year that passes,
you're even more glad,
More grateful and proud
just to call him your dad!
Thank you, Dad...
for listening and caring,
for giving and sharing,
but, especially, for just being you!
Happy Father's Day!

2 comments:

Rindi said...

OH, I totally agree. Great post, Katie! I love our dad so much, and I've always thought Dan was a great dad too! See ya soon....

Anonymous said...

Katie, Thanks for that wonderful Father's day present to your dad and to Dan. You do have the best Dad's in your life. Love Mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...