Thursday, May 19, 2011

Where is Sunee?


Maybe some of you have noticed (or maybe not??) that I, the oldest sister, do not post very often. Maybe you even wondered why. Well here is the story....

Many years ago I had two small children and I was a young mom. I had graduated from BYU, Kyle had graduated and we were now just "living". I loved my little ones so much and I loved my life, but honestly I was bored. Only a short time before I was doing very interesting things, going to school, playing sports, having friends, dating, working, you know the routine. But now I was on 24 hour duty of babies, nursing, diapers, cleaning, and cooking. I needed more. My sister-in-law suggested that I get hobbies. I loved reading, we started a book club. I loved scrap booking, Pebbles in my Pocket was the best store in the whole world!! I tried to go walking everyday and play outside. And I talk on the phone....A LOT!! Oh how I would have loved to have a hobby with all Seven of my Sisters, but they were all still teenagers or little girls. The most interesting part of this story is that I had enough time back then, that I could have written a blog all by myself!!

But, Oh how things have changed. I now can't find a minute. I wonder why I didn't just enjoy my lazy afternoons. I would love one right now!! Now I have 5 busy kids that keep their mom busy. I have looong baseball games twice a week, piano for everybody (then they have to practice), basketball everyday, Science projects, track meets and helping the kids train, Scouts, Young Mens, Activity Days, Primary calling, tutoring math, teaching math at Dixie College...the list seems endless.

So if you are a "young mom" you will love relating to my younger, wonderful sisters. But if you are an "older" mom you will know why my posts come a little less frequent!!!

3 comments:

Rindi said...

I miss you and I live in the same town! Cute post. Life is rarely just right. Either we are too lonely or wish we had one second to ourselves,or we are too bored or too busy. Ah, such is life!

Anonymous said...

Sunee, I miss you too. I can't wait for our fun reunion. Cute pictures too. Love, Mom

Em Russ said...

I miss you THREE!!! It scares me a little bit that things are going to get MORE CRAZY than this! Sometimes I don't even think that is possible! Love your posts whenever you get a chance to share them!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...