Sunday, April 3, 2011

General Conference

This weekend has been the General Conference for our Church. This is where instead of going to our regular meetings on Sunday, we stay home and watch the leaders of our Church speak to us.

I love Conference. I love sleeping in on Sunday. I love the relaxed feel at home. I love that Kyle has no meetings. I love laying on the couch with kids laying all over me. I love all of the hugging and loving that goes on. I love seeing my kids getting old enough to listen and understand....But most of all I love the spirit I feel when I hear the talks.

These men are called of God to speak to us today. They are inspired and it seems that so many of the words go right to my heart. I found myself laughing, crying and thinking. I want to be quicker to kindness and slower to anger. I want to love more and serve more. I want to pray harder and have a family lead by the spirit. I want to feel like I do today, everyday.

I am going to download Conference onto my iPod as soon as it is available on lds.org and do something productive while I clean. I am so thankful for General Conference.

Sunee

2 comments:

Rindi said...

Amen! I feel the same way. Weren't the talks just absolutely awesome? They went straight to my heart and I'm so thankful...

Anonymous said...

Sunee, I loved conference. I hope everyone heard the talk about "to be or not to be". I loved that talk about ourselves and our children. Love, Mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...